- Which sports programs does the Youth Association offer?
- Soccer - Fall and Spring
- Football - Fall
- Baseball - Fall and Spring
- Boys Lacrosse - Fall and Spring
- Girls Lacrosse - Spring
- Softball - Spring
- Basketball – Winter
- Cheer – TBD
- Are there sponsorship opportunities?
Yes, the Youth Association is a 100% volunteer organization.Sponsorship opportunities exist at the League Level, and at the individual sports level, and at the team level.Please contact the individual Sports Directors or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- How does someone get involved in the Youth Association if they are not comfortable volunteering to coach?
There are always vacant volunteer positions to be filled.If you are not comfortable coaching perhaps being a team manager is a better fit. The Board of Directors is always looking for help planning events.Sports Directors are always in need of assistance, and successors.Volunteering for the Youth Association is a great way to give back to the community while helping to ensure your kids are exposed to the best programs and events possible!
- Which ages does the Youth Association provide services for?
In general, we provide a wide range of programs across many sports for kids ages two through High School.
- Is the Youth Association able to offer new Sports and Programs?
Yes, with our access to local resources and families we have the ability to offer new programs and events.This is dependent on having volunteer leadership that is responsible for the successful execution of the programs being offered.In recent years we expanded to offer a girls lacrosse program as well as added additional soccer events.The possibilities are endless!
- Which fields do you consider “Home Turf” for the Oak Ridge Youth Association?
We use the fields at Oak Ridge Town Park and at The Oak Ridge Elementary School for practices and games.Each sport has its own set of rules regarding which fields can be used by which age groups.One of the strengths and advantages of the ORYA is our agreements with the Oak Ridge Parks and Recreation Council and Guilford County School.