We are extremely excited to announce our new partnership with GUSA/NC Fusion Soccer for the upcoming Fall and Spring seasons. After a thorough review of both surrounding soccer programs, GUSA/NC Fusion and KSA, a group of Soccer Coaches, former soccer program leaders, and ORYA Board members have decided to enter into a new partnership with GUSA/NC Fusion for the upcoming season. The decision was not an easy one, and we are very proud of the soccer programs we have been able to provide while partnered with KSA. However, since our original partnership was established years ago, the youth soccer landscape around here has changed significantly, and the GUSA/NC Fusion program has grown stronger. This new relationship will ensure the Oak Ridge Youth Association is able to provide our Soccer families a diverse offering of programs and events, beyond just a Rec soccer schedule. We wish KSA nothing but the best, and of course everybody is free to sign up with whichever league best fits your individual player and family needs.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR OAK RIDGE FAMILIES?
What's the same?
- Oak Ridge will continue to roster our own teams'
- Oak Ridge will continue to choose our own volunteer coaches
- Oak Ridge teams will continue practice at the park and elementary school
- Oak Ridge will continue to solicit our own team and league sponsors
- Registration will take place at ORYA.ORG
- Away games will take place in new local soccer parks, such as the Stokesdale Town Park and Prohlific Park
- Playing soccer will cost Oak Ridge families less money
- GUSA/NC Fusion offers us a path to create local Oak Ridge Select teams that compete in their circuit.
- GUSA/NC Fusion is able to partner with ORYA on special events and tournaments
We strongly believe the impact to most families will only be that you play a few games at these new parks. Coaches, teammates, practices and Home Games will all remain the same. For those paying attention to the details you will notice a new approach to uniforms, ensuring families receive them earlier. The new uniforms will also feature our ORYA Soccer badge. You will love the addition of an app to help with team management! The coaches will enjoy being partnered with a more responsive league, ensuring scheduling issues are handled in a timely manner. We will also now have more flexibility for those teams which unfortunately end up too strong or too weak compared to the rest of the league, with the ability to make schedule changes to ensure every team plays even competition. Add these all up and it is just the beginning of what our new program will have to offer!
The business of Youth Sports is an unfortunate necessity. We understand this new road may be a little challenging at first but we fully believe this decision has put our ORYA Soccer Program in the best possible position going forward. If anybody would like to discuss this any further with me please don't hesitate to reach out. It took over a month of meeting internally, and with both potential partners, to arrive at this decision. It would be too much information to try to summarize the entire process.
Registration for the Fall and Spring seasons are open at ORYA.ORG.